Commitment to the environment
We love the home we live in. We share this planet with 6 billion people and around 16 million animal species. We certainly recognize we aren’t the only ones here, and therefore we respect each other and the needs and homes of all.
Our goal is to tread as lightly as possible through pristine environments, just as we would be guests invited to some one’s home. Our aim is to continue toward making our services environmentally sustainable, to promote better practices to preserve and maintain the natural beauty for generations ahead.
Eco-friendly, zero carbon footprint safari travel is something not easily achieved, but we have made conscious environmental travel the core of what we do. The environment, people, and culture are unique to where ever you may travel, and it is our belief that we are all travelers in this world, and therefore must learn to share our space, nature, and cultures.
Suggested environmental practice by our travelers
- Travel lightly, don’t bring what you don’t need. You will find yourself in a new sense of freedom when you can travel unburdened.
- Use 100% biodegradable products. From toothpaste to shampoo to sunscreen, reduce the harm to the natural environment, especially when in the protected parks.
- Encouraging safe, boiled water instead of bottled water. We encourage our travelers to bring their own empty water canisters.
- Keep water use to a minimum. Water is not easy to get in some areas, and a little bit can go a long way when limiting shower time, not letting the water run, and reusing clean towels before washing.
- Reuse, reuse, reuse. Before our travelers discard of products, there are many things that can still be useful. Reuse plastics, buy products with less packaging.
- Avoid first-class. Taking up more space means less passengers per flight. Carbon emissions per flight are significant.
- While you’re away – Turn your stuff off. Turn down your thermostat and your water heater; turn off your electronics (even smarter: unplug them to protect from electrical storms). What’s the point of things being on with no one there?
+255 756 200 952
+1 857 939 1353
P.O. Box 13178