Recommended Zanzibar activities
Activities can be added on to any of the packages or your custom tour. Some the activities can be done as standalone Day Tours. Simply let us know your preferences when completing a booking or information request.
- Dolphin safari – Take a half day or full day trip to see the dolphins off the southeast coast of Zanzibar. Dhow boats will take you out to see and swim in dolphin playgrounds.
- Jozani Forest – See Colobus monkeys and mangrove trees of the Jozani forest. This protected ecosystem is the only home to the red Colubus monkey. Close by is the Zanzibar Butterfly Center, where you can see the many different colors of tropical butterflies in flight.
- Spice tour – Zanzibar is famous for its spices. Don’t miss out on a spice farm tour nested in tropical forests. See how curry, cardamon, cinnamon, nutmeg and the famous cloves give Zanzibar the name of Spice Island.
- Stonetown day trip – Spend a day or more to experience the unique heritage of Zanzibar. Wander down Gizenga Street to see handmade crafts and souvenirs, see the site of the former slave markets, visit the House of Wonders museum, and spend the evenings enjoying local seafood and street food at the Forodhani Gardens.
- Prison Island and sandbanks – Take a day trip out on a boat to surrounding islands and sandbanks. Pristine waters and uninhabited islands give you a different island feel. On Prison Island see the giant tortoises and enjoy a perfect view of the Stonetown cityscape.
- Snorkeling & scuba diving – Any beach in Zanzibar offers snorkeling and scuba diving trips. See multitudes of tropical fish in clear turquoise waters. Zanzibar and Pemba Islands are rated some of the best places for amateur and expert scuba divers.
- Paje seaweed center – Visit a creative women’s collective to generate income and business opportunity for Zanzibari women through harvesting natural seaweed to create organic and natural soap, oils, and beauty products. Learn more about arranging a visit through the Seaweed Center website.
- Nungwi sea turtle sanctuary – Love sea turtles? Want to see their natural habitat and learn about these endangered creatures? The Nungwi sea turtle sanctuary teaches the community and tourists alike on how to protect sea turtles, and once a year releases newborns back into the ocean.
+255 756 200 952
+1 857 939 1353
P.O. Box 13178